Who should apply?
- Former advanced Suzuki student amateur musicians who might wish to train as piano teachers
- Experienced or novice piano teachers wishing to improve their teaching or curious about the Suzuki approach
- Music college students and those in the early stages of their career interested in learning to teach
What are the aims and objectives?
The Suzuki Method™ is an educational philosophy and also a practical approach to piano teaching in terms of process, pedagogy, and piano technique.
This weekend allows participants to discover how the Suzuki Method™ is taught at Cambridge Suzuki Young Musicians
This will be achieved through -
- observing lessons and accompanying teaching strategies at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels
- attending a concert where all our pupils will play (giving a birds-eye view of the long term development of the student)
- talks on some of the key ideas behind this educational approach
How can I become a qualified Suzuki teacher?
Under European Suzuki Association (ESA) procedures, you would need to take an audition.
The first session of training with us would take place at our Summer School in Cambridge from July 21-26 2018
Other sessions would be arranged after that.
The course is accredited with the ESA and takes you through the five levels of training and examinations.
Friday 23 March 2018
2.00 - 3.00 Talk: What is Suzuki?
3.00 - 3.30 Questions
3.30 - 4.00 Coffee break
4.30 - 7.30 Observation of intermediate level lessons
7.30 - 8.30 Review of lessons
Saturday 24 March 2018
11.30 - 2.30 Observation of early stage lessons
2.30 - 3.45 Break
3.45 - 6.45 Observation of advanced level lessons
6.45 - 7.00 Review of lessons
Sunday 25 March 2018
Morning free, or observe rehearsals
2.30 - 6.00 Concert (with c.45 students performing)
Fee: £75, due by March 22, 2018
Applications are welcome from teachers in the ESA region - Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
To apply contact Stephen Power with a brief summary of your teaching experience and what you would like to get out of the weekend
Applications deadline March 1st, 2018.