The European Suzuki Viola Gathering 2017 (ESVG-17) will bring together Suzuki Viola pupils, teachers, families and interested observers from the entire ESA community and further afield.
ESVG-17 will be a wonderful opportunity for Suzuki Violists and teachers to meet and to play music together. It is intended to -
- increase dialogue within the ESA Viola community
- increase the visibility of the Viola among ESA members
- strengthen the role of this beautiful instrument in our Suzuki
communities and within ESA.
You should plan to arrive at the music school before 17:00 on Friday February 17, 2017.
The registration desk will be open from 15:00 that day.
Watford Music School is approximately 32 kms (20 miles) from central London and is accessible by several underground and main line train lines.
It is quite easy to reach from all London airports and from all other parts of the UK.
Some suggestions and information regarding possible accommodation can be found on the registration site.
ESVG-17 is intended to be a fairly informal gathering, where Suzuki teachers, parents, and pupils and others come together to share their love of this beautiful instrument.
Teachers pay their own expenses, and those who teach classes do so on a volunteer basis.
By using this approach for EVG-17 we can keep registration fees low, and so make it possible for many European Viola teachers, their pupils and families to attend.
Classes and other events
ESVG-17 will include -
- classes for Suzuki Viola pupils, including “traditional” Viola group classes and Viola ensembles for all levels.
- Viola classes for Violinists
- Viola classes for parents
- Observers and teachers of other instruments are welcome
- Sessions specifically aimed at community building and getting to know each other better, including a teachers’ breakfast and a parent-teacher round table.
- Informal reception/party for everybody on Saturday evening.
Registration now closed
If you are interested in attending, then please contact Peter King, ESVG 2017 Administrator.
Please note, however, that there is no guarantee that any more places will be available.
Accommodation and travel costs are not included in the registration fees.